Inter-Agency Regional Response for Syrian Refugees
01 August 2014
This update provides a snapshot of the inter-agency regional humanitarian response in full coordination with host Governments and 157 partners across the region.
In this issue:
- Vaccination Campaign: Launch of Summer Immunization Week in Lebanon aiming to increase immunization coverage.
- "Syrians without an Address" animated film created by children in Egypt
- Understanding the needs of Syrian Adolescents in Ganzitep, Turkey
- IOM and its regional response
- Rescued at sea, they want to restart their lives
- 2.9 million Syrian refugees have fled to neighbouring countries and North Africa
- 860,000 refugees outside camps are estimated to be living in sub-standard shelter
- 2.4 million people estimated to be in need of support to prepare for the next winter
- 1.7 million refugees require food assistance
- 900,000 Syrian school-age children need education
Read the full report here