Inter-Agency Regional Response for Syrian Refugees
15 July 2014
- The mid-year update of the 2014 Regional Response Plan (RRP6) inter-agency appeal is underway. The documents will be launched in early July. A reduction in population planning figures and funding requirements is expected.
- This year marks the third Ramadan since the outbreak of the Syrian conflict. WFP and humanitarian actors are ensuring that food assistance supports families’ efforts to maintain their regular traditions and practices during the holy month.
- More than 550 new offers of resettlement or humanitarian admissions for Syrian refugees were pledged on 27 June by Belgium, Ireland, Switzerland and Uruguay, taking the total number of offers received since mid-2013 to more than 34,700 places.
- The newly elected Iraqi parliament convenes on 1 July for the first time since the election. The situation across central and north-central parts of Iraq remains volatile, with violent armed clashes taking place in various areas including Anbar, Ninewa, Salah din and Kirkuk governorates.
- 2.8 million Syrian refugees have fled to neighbouring countries and North Africa
- 62% of Syrian school-aged refugee children are not enrolled in formal education
- 85% of Syrian refugees live outside of formal camps
For more information, please click here