No one chooses to be a refugee
do 1 thing - show your support
Every minute eight people leave everything behind to escape war, persecution or terror.
If conflict threatened your family, what would you do? Stay and risk your lives? Or try to flee, and risk kidnap, rape or torture?
For many refugees the choice is between the horrific or something worse.
While no one chooses to become a refugee, you do have a choice to help – Even in difficult economic times, it doesn’t cost a single cent to show interest in others, learn, and share your new knowledge and interest.
Is there 1 thing you could do to show your support for a refugee or asylum seeker?
Choose YOUR 1 thing to do
Tell everyone about your 1 thing
Get the word out there that you are 1 who cares and share this page:
• Twitter – Tweet us at @UNHCRIreland and use the hashtag #do1thing
• Facebook - mention UNHCR Ireland in your post
• Write a blog post and send us the link here
• Click here to send an email to your friends and family about our campaign
• Follow this link to add a Twibbon to your Facebook & Twitter accounts
• If you don’t have use of these sites, don’t worry! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your 1 thing and we’ll give you a shout out!
For more ideas on how to share and spread this campaign, click here.